Selfer - Personal Portfolio WordPress Theme
Thank you for purchasing our theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to email via my user page contact form here. Or Open a ticket from our support page. Thanks so much!
Thank you for purchasing Selfer - Personal Portfolio WordPress Theme!
Selfer is professional and creative Gutenberg ready Portfolio WordPress theme built based on creative, smart and well refined design. It is suited for Freelancer, creative, portfolio, personal, CV/Resume,
Agency sites concepts you can dream to make. The power of Selfer theme is more strengthened with the WordPress Most Popular page builder Elementor and Gutenberg editor support its
flexible and nicely organized admin options.
Hello, We are SoftHopper
We build easy-to-use, beautiful and uniquely hand-crafted WordPress themes - the themes you love, themes that work. With our themes, you can be truly creative, here is how it happens.
Find More about us on -
Facebook - https://web.facebook.com/softhopper/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/softhopperbd
ThemeForest - https://themeforest.net/user/softhopper/
Our Websites - https://softhopper.net
What is included
- Selfer WordPress Theme
- Selfer Core Plugin
- Elementor Page Builder
- Demo Content
- Lifetime Updates
- 24/7 Support
If you're satisfied with the quality of our theme and professional support, please rate our theme with 5 stars and leave a good feedback if you like it.
Even a piece of advice means a lot to us for the improvement of our products and services
Server Requirements are very critical in order to seamlessly upload the theme and import the demo data.
Below is the list of configuration parameters of php.ini file that should be verified before installing the theme.
max_execution_time = 300 (900 if you are using GoDaddy)
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 15M
upload_max_filesize = 8M
PHP Version Minimum 5.4
How can this be checked?
1. You can check this in the php.ini file on your server and modify them as necessary. If you are not familiar with modifying this, you can reach out to your server hosting provider who should be able to configure this for you.
2. You can install and activate a plugin called WP System Information.
On activating the plugin, the PHP Info can be found by navigating to Tools > System Info
. You can then reach out to your server hosting provider who should be able to configure/modify this if required.
After you download the package from ThemeForest, unzip it. You'll see a file selfer.zip in the theme folder, which is the main file that needed to upload and install. You can either choose to upload and install the theme using WordPress theme install or use FTP function.
Install theme using WordPress install function
Go to Appearance >Themes and click Add New
Click Browse and select the selfer.zip file
Click Install Now
When upload and installation progress are completed, click Activate, or go to Appearance>Themes and activate selfer theme
Upload and install using FTP
If you get any fail when installing the theme by Wordpress install function, we recommend to use FTP:
Unzip selfer.zip, you'll get a folder to selfer
Use an FTP client like FileZilla and upload that folder to wp-content/themes folder on your host
Go to Appearance >Themes and activate selfer theme
After activation, you will see a notice for installing Required/Recommended Plugins.
You must install all Required Plugins one by one or using bulk action.
You may install recommended plugins as you require. But in order to correctly view the demo contents, you're required to install recommended plugins
Your Theme is now ready to use.
Importing Demo Contents:
You can either start building your site from scratch or import one of our demo sites and then modify it to fit your needs. We will now explain how to do the latter.
One Click Demo Content Importer:
Selfer Themes comes with one click demo import. Here's what you need to do.
Login to WordPress dashboard
Install all required Plugins.
Go to Appearance > Demo Content
Then Click on import demo data button. It takes a few minutes. after that, you will get a readymade website.
Done, yay! You can start building your website by changing demo contents or use some parts for your work.
Step -1 :
Step -2 :
Manually Importing Demo Content by Uploading XML Files:
- Login to WordPress Dashboard.
Check if WordPress Importer plugin is installed and activated. If not, you can install it from Plugins > Add New or you can do it in the next step.
- Go to Tools > Import, and then click WordPress. If the WordPress Importer plugin is not installed, you can see the following dialogue to install it.
- Now choose XML files to be imported from. You can find some XML files in the downloaded package under selfer/inc/demos/ folder.
- If you've chosen an XML file to import, then click Upload File and Import button.
- In the next page, you can choose to which author the imported demo contents will be assigned. And put a checkmark on Download and import file attachments to import images too. Click Submit to start importing.
- Wait for a few minutes till the importing process is finished.
Step -1 :
Step -2 :
Step -3 :
Note: After installing demo content don't forget to update permalinks
How to update permalinks
1. Go to Settings > Permalinks from Dashboard
2. From Common Settings Section Select Post name radio button
3. Then click on Save Changes
Note: Instruction for manual instruction
Setup Home and Blog page manually
If you would not want install auto setup. Then you need to create Home and Blog page manually.
1. Create a page keeping name Home and add you're essential king composer shortcode.
2. Create a page keeping name Blog with no content.
1. Go to Settings > Reading from Dashboard
2. From Front page displays Section Select A static page (select below) radio button
3. Select Front page: as Home and Posts Page: as Blog from the dropdown list.
4. Then click on Save Changes
Build Your Website:
In this section, We will give you step by step instruction for creating your website using Selfer theme from scratch. Though Polar theme has lots of detailed options, here we will focus on creating your site simply utilizing Selfer default options and customizing a few. You can import demo contents for reference.
We assume that you already installed and activated Selfer theme and required plugins. If not, please go through the previous section.
We are using WordPress standard customizer for Theme Options. You will see the preview on the right side as you modify options. Theme Options can be overridden by page options for each page, page and portfolios. Preview won't work if you specifically override page options.
Header, Logo & Titlebar:
Selfer has an header, and each has several subtitle bar styles. You can customize your site by changing header styles, top bar and some show/hide settings from the Header section.
To Work with Header, go to Appearance > Customize and here we go.
Click Site Identity and then select the logo, Site title and description and also work for logo spacing
- Then Upload logo save
To create a menu, you need to have some pages, posts or portfolios or services. Or you can be added the custom link. Now We can see how we can manage menu, one-page navigation.
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- At the upper left corner, you'll see 2 tabs. Edit Menus and Manage Locations.
- By Clicking Create a new menu link, Create a new menu
- Add some Items.
- If you want to set one-page nav websites then add a custom link then after backslash(/) add the section ID.
- Click Save Menu.
- You can manage meu from customizer as well.
Typography and Colors:
You can also customize fonts and color in the WordPress Customizer. Typography and color settings will affect overall site typographies and color.
- Go to Appearance > Customize, and you will see Typography Settings sections.
- Choose font family, size, weight, and line height, etc. for heading and paragraphs of the header, footer, menu and content area
- Customizing Colors:
- Go to Colors in the Customizer.
- You can choose color for default gradient, heading, text, border, background and so on.
- Go to General Setting in the Customizer.
- You can enable or disable preloader, scroll to top button and also the sticky contact button
- On Customizer We added layout controls for portfolio and blog posts.
- To manage blog post and layouts go on Blog Settings from customizer then select your blog layout, Blog Excerpt and blog layout top and bottom spacing
- Also, manage Portfolio Archive layout, go on Portfolio Settings, layout and archive items show and also enable or disable filter on portfolio archive.
For understanding layout and sections and component you can import your demo first. Then you can the overview content.
How to manage elementor components
For the purpose ready extended page building we make this theme with WordPress Most Popular Page builder elementor and also the feature WordPress Editor Gutenberg. We made 26+ Pre builds components on elementor.
All pre made Elemetor widget is under SElFER THEME. If you are new at Elementor page builder and don't know how to manage it then please read this https://docs.elementor.com/collection/388-widgets Elementor widget
and start using Elementor page builder.
All Pre Define widget include with necessary option where you can manage and understand easily. And is any more Question don't forget to ask me at
email@example.com. We will try our best to help you at anythings related with the themes.
Tell WordPress which language file to use.
If you don’t use WordPress in your native language so far, you have to tell WordPress which language to use to activate the theme translation.
You can do this by editing the wp-config.php file (the file is located in the main directory of your WordPress files) and defining the WPLANG constant. You have to set your language code there, for example, fr_FR for the French translation.
just add the line below to your wp-config.php or change it if it already exists:
define ('WPLANG', 'fr_FR');
First Method: Using Loco Translate Plugin
The easiest way to translate your theme locally is by using the Loco Translate plugin. After you have installed and activated the plugin, simply Go to Loco Translate > Home in the left-hand menu to start translating. You can get some guideline beginners here
Second Method: Using Poedit
Poedit is a common program which you can use to translate the theme. It’s available for free on poedit.net. After you have installed Poedit, you can open it and select File > New Catalog from POT file. Then select the .pot file from the theme you wish to translate which you can find in the /languages/ folder of theme. Then go through every line of text and translate it to your native language. Afterward, you can save the catalog with your language code (for example es_ES.po). Normally Poedit automatically creates the .mo file and saves it, too. The last step you have to do is to upload your created language files to the language folder of your theme using FTP.
Although we are not interested to use more resource because it's will impact your website speed but We've used the following images, icons or other files as listed.
WORDPRESS PLUGINS & LIBRARIES
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme. As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this theme. No guarantees, but I'll do my best to assist.
If you have a more general question relating to the themes, you might consider asking your question in the in item discussion section.